Last Updated on March 19, 2022
4 Must-Know Travel Safety Tips for Andaman Travel | Beach Safety Tips for Andaman | How safe is Andaman and Nicobar Islands for family travellers?
Check here the Safety tips of Andaman Trip.
Four major causes of drownings
- Not wearing a life jacket
- Abuse of alcohol
- Lack of sufficient swimming skills
So Wear Your Life Jacket
Facilities for the Tourists
- The Tourist Safety Enforcement Team (TEST) has been constituted at important Tourist locations for ensuring the safety of tourists especially in activities related to boat rides of Rajeev Gandhi Water Sports Complex (ASC), at Port Blair, North bay, Wandoor, Bharatpur Beach, Shaheed Dweep, Swaraj Dweep Jetty , Baratang jetty.
- For the safety of tourists, life Guards have been deployed at Rajeev Gandhi Water Sports Complex (ASC) at Port Blair, Netaji Subhash Bose Island, Corbyn’s Cove, Chidiyatapu, Wandoor, Baratang, Swaraj Dweep, Shaheed Dweep, Diglipur and Hutbay.
- SOS Kiosk (Emergency Assistance Booth) has been set up at Rajeev Gandhi water Sports Complex, Port Blair, Corbyn’s Cove, Swaraj Dweep, Shaheed Dweep and Baratang, for information and guidance.
Do’s and Don’ts in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Always wear life jacket before boarding the Boat.
- Check passenger capacity while boarding the Boat. Ensure that Tourists or crew on board is not more than the prescribed capacity.
- The Boat operator should be in sound condition, if found under influence of Liquor immediately disembark and inform TSET.