Last Updated on March 14, 2022
FAQ on Domestic Train Tour Packages Online Booking
1. Can I book group tour (same package) on date of my choice?
No, these group packages are available only on the mentioned dates.
2. : Is it possible to change flight, mode of road transport, hotel and any other service in case of group package.
Group holidays are planned with uniform services for all travellers and any change in flight, mode of road transport, hotel is not possible.
3. : Is it possible to change the date of return and book flight after 2 -3 days (if clients want to stay back at destination)?
In case of group holidays, it is mandatory to travel as per the initially booked flight. No airline allows deviation. Therefore it is not possible to change the date of return.
4. is the category of hotel/ room used?
Room categories in all packages are the base category unless stated otherwise. It is suggested that before finalizing the tour with us kindly go through the website of the hotels or check the review of hotel on any website like trip advisor.
5. Is this tour escorted tour (with tour manager) or not?
IRCTC’s maximum domestic tours are unescorted unless specified otherwise. But every tour either it’s escorted or not, is well coordinated through IRCTC’s own regional/ zonal offices as company is having Pan India presence. Moreover, dedicated team contact numbers will be shared with you before the commencement of the tour for any timely facilitation and coordination.
6. Do you provide private vehicle (car) in case of group domestic air packages?
All group domestic air packages are on vehicle sharing basis (Seat in coach basis/SIC). A suitable vehicle as per the size of group is provided for transfers and sightseeing. There is no provision for private or separate car for each family. Category of vehicle, A/C or Non A/C is usually specified in package inclusions.
7. Are the airport transfers at the origin place of the tour are included and provided?
Guest / Traveller have to reach airport own at the place of tour origin. Airport transfers are arranged only at the destination; not at origin.
8. I have booked a domestic air package, when will I get my flight ticket, hotel & service voucher?
The flight ticket & hotel voucher will be sent to your email id approximate seven (7) days prior to the travel.
9. How many hours before should I reach the airport (in case of domestic flight)?
Please reach the airport 2 hours before the departure of the flight.
10. Are meals during flight included in the package?
Only Air vistara , Air India and JET airways provide meal on board in domestic flights in India. In other airlines/ flight food and beverages are on chargeable basis (Subject to Airline policy).
11. Are meals included in the package?
The meals included are always specified in the package inclusion. Please check & resolve the client’s query.
12. Can you confirm the departure time & terminal?
The flight details for every package are given in overview page (package details) with tentative flight timing. The actual timing will be mentioned on the final flight ticket. Though, there will not be much difference in the flight timing until and unless airline changes its schedule. It is advisable to reconfirm the departure terminal and the flight schedule from the airline before leaving for the airport.
13. Is web check-in possible in case of group tours?
Web check in is not possible in our group packages.
14. Is this mandatory for each traveller to carry the Identity Proof during travel?
It is mandatory to carry the identity proof for each traveller including child & infant as well. The name, spelling on ticket should match with the identity proof. In case of any disparity airline can prevent from boarding the flight.
15. Is it mandatory to carry the age proof in case of child and infant?
It is mandatory to carry the age proof of children (02 to 11 yrs) and infant (below 02yrs) along with other travel documents.
16. Do airline provide separate seat to infant?
In airline no seat is provided to Infant.
17. In case of double occupancy, will you provide double or twin bed?
Room allocation (Twin bed / Double bed) is at the discretion of the hotel. Though, usually rooms are allocated as per the client request only.
18. Is breakfast included in the packages on the day of check-in?
Numbers of meals are always corresponding to the number of nights booked. Breakfast is not provided on the day of arrival unless specifically mentioned in the inclusions and itinerary.
19. What is the standard check-in and check-out time in hotel?
The check in and check-out time of the hotel is 12 to 12 noon. Though, IRCTC always tries to provide check-in on arrival, but can’t confirm the early check-in and late check-out.
20. What kind of extra bed is provided in case of extra bed required for adult or child?
In hotels for an extra Adult / Child rollaway bed / mattress/ sofa cum bed shall be provided, if extra bed is booked at the time of booking.
21. How can I identify the IRCTC representative / driver on arrival at airport?
To avail the arrival transfers please check the IRCTC representative/driver holding the placard in your name / IRCTC name. The number of vehicle & driver / IRCTC representative will be shared with you one day prior to arrival at destination.
22. What are the timings of buffet meal at hotel?
Timings: Breakfast: 08:00 – 10:00 hrs. Dinner: 19:30 – 22:00 hrs. These are the standard buffet timings observed by the hotels, meals only specified in the inclusions are included in the package, for any meal not included in the package guest has to pay directly at the hotel. You are kindly requested to check the perfect buffet timings at the time of check in at the hotel.
23. Is the itinerary posted on the website final?
Efforts are always made to execute the tour as per the itinerary detailed on the website. But itinerary may vary due to weather, local circumstances, flight schedule or any situation beyond control. Efforts are made to cover all the places detailed in the itinerary. Though, day of visit may differ. Therefore, any Itinerary posted on the website is only a proposed holiday outline.
24. Will there be refund for any unutilised service during the tour?
There will be no refund for un-utilized services. As services are pre purchased.
25. Do you provide wheel- Chair? If not, can I book wheel chair for senior citizen by paying additional charges?
Wheel-chair at airport is available on request. You may request for the same to our operation team. But during tour wheel chair is subject to availability and you may have to pay additional charges.