Last Updated on March 14, 2022
FAQ on IRCTC Tour Packages Online Booking
1. What is IRCTC Tourism Portal?
The tourism portal is the website of IRCTC where the various tour packages and services of IRCTC are displayed.
2. What is the website address of tourism portal?
The website address of tourism portal is www.irctctourism.com
3. Who all can use the tourism portal?
The tourism portal can be used or accessed by any person or travel agent who wants to book tour packages.
4. What facility does the tourism portal provide?
The tourism portal provides the facility for online booking of packages and services of IRCTC
5. What are the packages and services that be booked on the tourism portal?
All IRCTC Tour packages including Bharat Darshan, and services like Retiring room, Hotels, Lounge, etc can be booked on the tourism portal.
6. How do we book tour packages online?
Tour packages can be booked after registering a user id and password or can also be booked using the guest login.
7. How do we checkout the itinerary of the tour packages?
After login in the portal, click on the required icon in the home page which will take you to the respective package. Then click the “Details” tab, where you will get the Overview, Itinerary, Inclusion, Terms and Conditions and Contact us. You will get the day-wise itinerary when you click the Itinerary tab.
8. Is there any restriction on number of passengers while booking tour packages or services?
The maximum number of passengers that can be booked are given below, which is subject to berth blocking in the respective package class.
Rail tour package – 6 pax
Bharat Darshan – 8 pax
Holiday package – 10 pax
Group booking pax limit subject to availability.
9. How do the book packages for children travelling in the tour packages and what are their charges?
Packages can also be booked for children who are accompanied by atleast one adult. The booking of tour package for children is subject to available occupancy. The applicable charges are available in the respective packages.
10. How long will the tour packages be available online for booking?
Generally, the tour packages will be available for booking upto 05 days before date of departure. However, for some tour packages like Rail tour packages, Air packages, time restrictions apply.
11. Can I book packages for my parents?
Yes, you can book packages on their behalf.
12. I am residing in a foreign country; can I book packages or services online?
Yes, you can book the package or services online.
13. How do we make payments or modes of making payment while booking tour packages?
The modes for making payment while booking tour packages are
- Debit/Credit Card
- Wallets (PayTm, Razorpay)
- Cheque (subject to realization)
14. Facility of part payment for online booking of packages
- Part payment is allowed for online booking for package cost above Rs. 50,000/-per transaction for all Packages.
- IRCTC registered users and Guest users can avail the part payment facility for online booking at www.irctctourism.com.
- IRCTC counters can also use this facility to accommodate the walk-in customers.
- Agents are not authorized for online booking with part payment at www.irctctourism.com.
- The minimum ARP (Advanced Reservation Period) for part payment facility would be for booking done before 35 days from departure date.
- Part Payment is applicable on total booking amount, where the package cost is greater than Rs 50000/-. It will be collected in 2 installments inclusive of GST.
✔ For Domestic/International Air Packages: – 1st payment for 30% amount, Final/ Balance payment for 70%.
✔ For All Other Packages: – 1st payment for 25% amount, Final/Balance payment for 75%.
- If the due/final payment is not done within 30 days prior to departure date , then the request for the final payment would not be accepted & booking would be treated as cancelled & relevant cancellation charges would be applicable.
- Partial cancellation of passengers is not allowed in part payment transactions.
- For any cancellation and part/final payment days are counted excluding the date of departure.
- Tour confirmation number will only be generated after receipt of total package cost by IRCTC.
- Only Full cancellation is allowed on the above transactions with applicable cancellation charges.
Note: In case of any technical error to update the final payment before due date, please mail us at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
15. What are the modes of payment, when packages are booked by Foreigners or NRI’s?
The packages can be booked using the option of “International Cards (powered by Razorpay)”
16. Will we charged any service fee or charges by IRCTC while booking tour packages?
The package cost displayed in the portal is inclusive of all charges. No service charge/fee will be charged by IRCTC.
17. Will we charged any service fee or charges our bankers while booking tour packages?
The following charges will be payable by the customers while booking packages.
- Net banking – PG charges Rs 10 + GST is payable extra.
- Debit/Credit cards – PG chgs- Upto 0.9% (Debit Card) / 1.8% (Credit Card)+ GST is payable extra.
- Wallets – PG chgs- 2.0% + GST is payable extra.
- EMI (Powered by Razor pay) – 3.0 % service charge.
The applicable bank charges will be displayed in the portal at the time of making payment.
18. What will be cancellation charges for packages booked in tourism portal?
Cancellation charges vary for different packages. The applicable cancellation charges are available in the respective product “terms and conditions”.
19. When will we get refunds for the tour packages cancelled online?
All cases of refund are processed by IRCTC within 2 working days. However, the refunds to the customers is subject to their respective banks refund process, for net banking/debit/credit card which will take up to 5 working days, aggregating to 7 working days.
20. What is the status when cash is debited from my bank account but tour package or service is not booked? How long will it take to get refund for “not booked” packages?
The status can be checked in the booked history in “my account”. Where the tour confirmation number is not generated, the package cost will be automatically refunded in the same account within 3-5 working days in case of net banking and 5-7 days in case of debit/credit cards.
21. Where can I get the contact details while booking tour packages?
The contact details are available while booking the respective packages in the “View Details” option.
22. What is the contact number for getting any clarifications regarding booking of tour packages or services?
Apart from the contact numbers displayed in the respective packages, the toll-free number 1800110139 can also be used.
23. What is the email id to which I can send queries regarding booking/cancellation of tour packages or services?
All queries regarding booking/cancellation of tour packages or services can be mailed to email@example.com.