Last Updated on March 14, 2022
FAQ on Outbound Train Tour Packages Online Booking
1. What Travel Documents and clearances Do I Need ?
It shall be solely the responsibility to hold valid travel documents and statutory clearances, to enable you to travel on the tour such as passports and medical insurance certificates and other statutory certificates including immigration clearance. In any case, your Passport must be valid for at least six months subsequent to the scheduled departure date (Return) of the tour.
As granting or rejecting visas and immigration clearance is the sole prerogative of the concerned sovereign governments, IRCTC shall neither be responsible in case of non-granting of such documents nor liable for any delay, denial or other related act/omission or for any loss, expense, damage or cost resulting there from. The position in respect of cancellation of tour by client due to non-availability of travel documents would not change only by virtue of the Client having applied for such documents through IRCTC. Even if visas are rejected, the stipulated fees of IRCTC shall be payable by the Client. There will be no refund to the Client, or any member of his party, is unable to travel due to the said reasons. In such cases, the non-refundable deposit paid by the clients shall be forfeited and no claim whatsoever shall be made for the same.
2. How Can I Book My Tour with You ?
The Tour may be booked from IRCTC website www.irctctourism.com, if you feel any difficulty in booking the tour, you may call at the contact numbers provided in the website.
3. What Is Included in Your Tour Cost ?
The details of inclusions and exclusions are provided in all the tours of IRCTC.
4. What about Payment Terms ?
100% payment at the time of booking will be required.
On completion of the booking and payment formalities, a confirmation tour voucher will be generated.
You will have to pay all bank charges.
The prevailing rate of exchange on the date of the transaction would be applicable.
The IRCTC reserves the right to decline your booking / s for any Tour or to cancel your booking without assigning any reason.
5. What Star Rating Are Your Hotels ?
Category of hotels differs from package to package. However the category of hotels is mentioned in each tour of IRCTC.
6. Will I Know Which Hotels I Will Be Staying in Before I Go?
7. Do You Have Experienced Guides in Different Cities during the tour ?
Usually English speaking guides all provided during the tour.
8. Who Will I Meet on My Arrival at destination country ?
Services of professional representative is provided from airport to airport. We shall also provide you list of emergency 24 hours contact numbers for any emergency.
9. If I Come Across Any Problem During My Trip, How Would You Help Me ?
We provide truly 24 X 7 assistance. We shall also give you mobile nos. of executives who you may call in case of any need
10. How many travellers will be there as part of a group tour?
The number of travellers varies depending on the destination. The usual group size for an International tour is between 30 to 40 guests. In the case of speciality tours, there are chances that the number of travelling may increase.
11. Does IRCTC process our VISAs?
When you a book a group tour, IRCTC acts as a facilitator for your VISA process.
12. Can IRCTC change or Cancel tour prior to departure ?
The journeys are planned well in advance. IRCTC reserves the right to make changes to the programme if necessary at any point of time. Should the minimum number of passengers not be met or due to certain operational reasons and conditions, IRCTC reserve the right to cancel the departure or amend the same. Most changes made by IRCTC would be minor, but on certain occasions there could be a possibility of making a significant change. A change is defined as significant if it involves a change of destination or date of departure. In such an eventuality, IRCTC would inform you as soon as possible and provide you with the following solutions:
1. Accepting the changed arrangements
2. Cancelling or accepting the cancellation where you will receive a refund of the payment remitted to IRCTC. However, there will be no refund for any service such as pre/post accommodation, airline tickets, excursions, and extensions etc. that have been booked by you and/or your Travel Agent. In case of a ‘force majeure’ situation due to which a departure has to be cancelled, we regret there would be no refund of the money paid to us or reimbursement of any additional expenses incurred by you as a result of our cancellation/change.
13. What is your cancellation policy?
Since we customize packages as per your demands, the cancellation policy varies across hotels and services. However, you’re informed about the detailed cancellation policy before you make any payments
No. of days before commencement of Trip* Total Deductions
30 days prior to the departure date 20 % of the package cost
30 – 21 days prior to the departure date 30 % of the package cost
20 – 15 days prior to the departure date 60 % of the package cost
14 – 08 days prior to the departure date 90 % of the package cost
Less than 08 days/ No show 100 % of the package cost
14. Before/during foreign travel, we suggest that you:
a) Senior citizen passenger must get their medical checkup before booking the tour and fitness certificate is required while booking.
b) Passengers above the age of 75 are required to accompany by an escort/family member of younger age.
Familiarise yourself with the countries you are visiting.
Check the latest travel advisories of MEA and follow them.
- Take personal responsibility for your travel choices, your safety, finances and behaviour overseas, including obeying the laws of the country you are visiting.
- Make sure you have the right visas for the countries you are visiting or transiting and check any other entry or exit requirements.
- Organise your finances to cover your planned travel.
- Obey the laws of the country you’re visiting (even if these appear harsh or unfair by Indian standards). Don’t expect to be treated differently from the locals.
- Take appropriate travel and comprehensive medical insurance that covers you for any unexpected costs; make sure you have sought medical advice for health concerns, have up to date vaccinations and, if you’re carrying pharmaceutical products or medicines from India, make sure they are allowed in the country you are visiting.
- Protect your passport and report it promptly if it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Make sure your passport is valid (with at least six months validity from your planned date of return to India) and will not expire when you are overseas.
- Carry extra passport photos in case your passport is lost or stolen and you need to replace it while you’re away.
- Make copies of your passport (including visa pages), insurance policy, traveller’s cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place away from the originals and also leave a copy with someone at home.
- Keep in contact with friends and family back home and leave a copy of your insurance policy details and your overseas itinerary with them.
- In case your stay in a foreign country is for a reasonable length of time, register with the local Indian Embassy/Consulate before leaving India or soon after arrival, to get better access to consular assistance and updates.
- Treat consular staff with respect and be honest in providing the Embassy/Consulate with all relevant information when seeking our assistance.
- If you get arrested or detained for some reason, insist on Consular access (under the Vienna Convention) to a representative from the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
- Indian food is not guaranteed and local food may be served at destination. Tourist must be ready to accept the local food.
- Please avoid being Over drunk by intake of hard drinks during the flights to avoid any inconvenience during Visa on Arrival, Immigration and Custom Process.
- Being a group tour package, personalized service is not viable; hence please converge with the group.
Kindly queue up while boarding the busses and don’t rush at the accommodation centre at the time of check-in.
- It is the duty of the co-passengers to provide seats first for the Handicapped and older people. Please do not request our representative for blocking any seat or specific room.
- You should adhere to the time announced by our representative, failing which you will have to come to the next place on your own expenses.
- Please keep patient and calm while journey and avoid any unlawful arguments. Speak politely to other tourists, staffs & officers on duty.
- There may be changes in the sightseeing if any odd situation arises & the same has to be adhered to. In case of any problem arising due to some natural calamity or abnormal situation, alternate arrangements will be made for which extra cost is to be borne by the tourists.
15. Is the tour itinerary susceptible to last minute changes, as we need to plan our leaves & make necessary arrangements accordingly?
IRCTC do not change the itinerary nor date of the tour, however in case of force majeure events, circumstances force us to change the routing or date of the tour, as the case may be, just for your safety.
16. If I misplace my passport, what assistance will I be provided ?
Ideally only 1 Professional representative is assigned to manage the group & since he has to follow the itinerary, the group may have to move ahead to the next destination while you may have to stay back at your current location – additional services will be on chargeable basis. Either IRCTC may be able to provide you with assistance – subject to availability & on chargeable basis only – who’ll assist you with all the required & necessary formalities like lodging a complaint / FIR at the nearest police station & securing a Landing Certificate from the Indian Embassy of the respective international destination.
17. What is the difference between Child and Infant?
Infant is any guest who is below 2 years of age whereas child is guest who is or above 2 years of age and below 12 years of age.
18. Do we have to walk a lot on tours?
Generally, we have to walk at sightseeing places, amusement parks and at the airports sometimes for a long distance, however the same will be timely instructed by our representative.
19. Do we get wake-up calls on tours?
Yes, you do get telephonic wake up call through the hotel automated system, however it is advisable to have your mobile alarms set to be on the safer side.
20. What if I reach late and miss a part of the tour?
Punctuality is of utmost importance when traveling in group. We do not want you to miss any part of the tour so please be on time and always follow the Tour Leader’s instructions. In case, you miss any part of the tour, we are not responsible/liable and no refund shall be given to you in this regard.
21. What assistance is provided to a disabled person or a senior citizen, who needs special assistance on tour?
A qualified companion must accompany the guest who needs such special assistance as individual assistance cannot be given to such guest by the Tour Leader considering he has to manage the entire group.
22. Will I get some time for my-self on the tour?
Group Tour Itineraries are designed and planned in such a way that you should get to see maximum places, so you will get time only when you are back at the hotel. However, if you wish to skip any sightseeing, then you have to inform the Tour Leader accordingly, but you shall not get any refund for such services which you have not availed at your own discretion.
23. What assistance is provided, if I dis-continue the scheduled tour, on account of illness?
If you fall sick on tour, kindly inform the Tour Leader immediately. The Tour Leader will assist you in making all arrangements for the medical aid, doctor on call etc. However, the expenses will have to be borne by you. Here, Insurance plays a major role hence we highly recommend that you should get yourself and your family insured adequately before travel.
24. Can I get medicine on a World Tour?
We highly recommend you to carry sufficient medicines along with you on tour. While packing, distribute them evenly in different bags to ensure that you have some medicine with you incase there is any delay in getting baggage or loss. However you do get medicines on tour but your doctors prescription for the same is a must.
25. Would the airline have provision for a wheelchair?
Yes, airlines have provision but it is limited hence you need to inform us at the time of booking. Few airlines also have certain charges for wheel chair. Wheelchair is subject to availability and at the discretion of the airline.
26. What is the possibility of getting a VISA?
Granting or Non-Granting of a VISA solely depends on the respective Consulate/ Embassy. We just act as a facilitator. We neither assure nor guarantee the VISA to anyone since the same is beyond our control.
27. Prior to tour departure is there any information provided?
We do give pre-departure information sheet once you book a tour which consists information about the destination, things to carry, weather, shopping etc. It is also available on the website under post booking information.
28. Do we get any confirmation call of our scheduled departure?
Yes, 2 to 3 days prior to your scheduled departure we give a call to inform the reporting time and place.